Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Twitter

I have had a Twitter account (www.twitter.com/Peteyd18) now for about 10 months, and the more I use it the less I understand it.

I think it makes all the sense in the world for P.R. I use it to follow MarketingCharts, MarketingVox, MediaPost, eMarketer, JupiterResearch, because I am looking for more than what someone is eating for lunch.  It its funny thought that if you type an article into Twitter search, there a dozen or so people posting the same article!  I guess Twitter is broken down into subgroups where authorities post and followers follow. 

The beauty of Twitter is that is user-defined.  It can be whatever you allow it to be (whomever you choose to follow).  I went through my account 2 months ago and de-clogged my account of who I deemed to be useless follows, providing nothing to me but irrelvant words on page.  


No comments: